Do you need help paying your electric bill?
First, check to make sure you meet the income guidelines listed below. If you do, you can pick up an application at the cooperative office or download one here from our website.
If your account is past due, please contact the Cooperative office at 951-763-4333 or email@example.com to discuss the submission of your application and required documents.
There is no longer a limit to the number of times you can receive assistance in a lifetime. Before, you were limited to assistance three times in a lifetime unless you were age 60 or disabled, receiving SSI. Now anyone meeting their criteria may receive assistance once every year.
You will need the following documents to submit with your application.
- Current propane (if applicable) and electric bills.
- Any disconnection or urgent notices.
- Income for everyone in the household for the last four weeks. Eligibility is based on monthly income.
- Social Security Card
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (birth certificate or other qualifying document).
- All adults over the age of 18 who have no income will be required to complete a Declaration of No Income form. This must be included with the application.
For further questions about the program and qualification guidelines,
please contact HEAP directly at 951-955-4900.
2017 INCOME GUIDELINES
If you are interested in other assistance programs (Smiles for Seniors and Cooperative Care Program) click here.
CAP Riverside/HEAP Program will be holding a utility assistance clinic at the
Anza Community Hall on Wednesday, June 21st from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Be sure and bring COPIES of all required documents. Download the file for a list of requirements.
Please contact the AEC office regarding the application process at 951-763-4333 - Option #3