Skip to main navigation.


Do you need help paying your electric bill?

Riverside County's Community Action Program may be able to help you with your electric bill through the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP).

First, check to make sure you meet the income guidelines by checking page three of the application.

Click here to download the application in English.Click here to download the application in Spanish.
Click here to fill out the HEAP application online.


If your account is past due, please contact the Cooperative office at 951-763-4333 or to discuss the submission of your application and required documents. 

There is no longer a limit to the number of times you can receive assistance in a lifetime. Before, you were limited to assistance three times in a lifetime unless you were age 60 or disabled, receiving SSI. Now anyone meeting their criteria may receive assistance once every year.

You will need the following documents to submit with your application.

  • Current propane (if applicable) and electric bills.
  • Any disconnection or urgent notices.
  • Income for everyone in the household for the last four weeks. Eligibility is based on monthly income.
  • Social Security Card
  • Copy of ID
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship (birth certificate or other qualifying document).
  • All adults over the age of 18 who have no income will be required to complete a Declaration of No Income form. This must be included with the application.

For further questions about the program and qualification guidelines,
please contact HEAP directly at 951-955-4900.

If you are interested in other assistance programs (Smiles for Seniors and Cooperative Care Program) click here.





Powered by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Logo